An MX record is used by a mail server to route incoming email. Changing your MX record is usually done to redirect email to a remote server.
- Log into your cPanel, navigate to Domains section > Zone Editor menu:
- Click on the MX Entry icon for the domain you want to change the MX record.
- Give the MX entry a priority between 0 and 10. The priority dictates in what order connecting to mail server locations should be attempted. The lower the number, the higher the priority.
Note: Entering a priority that is already being used will replace the pre-existing MX entry.
- Enter the fully qualified domain name of the remote mail server.
- Click on the Change button to complete the process.